Middle Back Pain
How we treat middle back pain:
Middle back pain generally settles quickly through a combination of physiotherapy techniques with significant improvements expected after just one session. Usually the pain is caused by stiffness in the vertebrae of the spine and muscle spasm. Treatment will be focused around increasing vertebral movement and reducing spasm. This is effective for acute and chronic middle back pain and will also ease any burning sensations that may be present.
At Z10 Physiotherapy, we use a combination of innovative treatment techniques learnt from world class international physiotherapists. Treatment will include:
- Vertebral mobilisations to decrease pain and inflammation around the painful area and to release muscle spasm
- Soft tissue massage to decrease sensitivity and inflammation around the inflamed vertebrae
- Dry Needling to reduce muscle spasm
- Ultrasound to decrease inflammation and reduce pain
- Strapping/kinesiology tape to protect and support the area during the acute phase of middle back pain
- Pilates exercises to strengthen the weakened muscles and develop core stability
- Stretches to improve flexibility and improve posture
- Ergonomic education to reduce the stress on the vertebrae
Frequently Asked Questions
Each session is €70. Students and Medical Card holders cost €60.
Each appointment usually lasts 30mins.
No. You can make an appointment without a referral from your GP. If on assessment we deem your condition requires GP input we will refer you on.
Yes, we accept all major cards.
We are recognized by all the major insurance companies and you do not need a referral letter from your provider. The amount that can be claimed varies depending on your plan. Treatment costs are also tax deductible via a Med-1 form.
So for example, if you spend €60.00 on physiotherapy and you receive €40 from your health insurance company, then the remainder €20 is subject to tax relief. If you’re in the 42% bracket you can receive a further €8.40 in tax relief.
We would advise to wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing. We usually need to inspect the affected area so please wear clothing that allows for this. If your leg is the the injured area then it’s a good idea to wear shorts.
The treatment for each individual varies. However, following your first appointment we will discuss the anticipated number of treatments. You will be reassessed on each visit. On average, most patients usually require 2-3 treatments.
This varies between people. Some people do experience some short term discomfort which quickly subsides. This is taken into account during your treatment.
Yes, there is plenty of on-street parking available on Bath Avenue, or around the corner on South Lotts Road. For driving directions and information on other transport options you can call us and we will provide you with instructions.